Tuesday, December 23, 2008

the trash bin



I would like to say that making these books is easy, and that I breeze through them, but the truth is that there are many false starts. Here are some of them. 
Way back when I was working on the Hidden Sea I did not know the format of the book. Should I do it in normal comic book standard or adopt the horizontal format that the book is currently at? 
 So I did a bunch of pages, using a scene in the Hidden Sea where Rocketo would meet up with the ghosts of all who had sailed into it and had met their doom.  The scene was cut out, only because I wanted to take the book in a different direction and having ghosts and skeletons showing up in the Hidden Sea would be more of a supernatural bent then I wanted at the time. But I had a blast doing the pages.
Later I will post some of the pages not used for the New World story.
Enjoy. The dialogue was just to place something in, to give me a guide later on.



Il cestino. Mi piacerebbe dire che fare questi fumetti è facile e che per me è una passeggiata ma la verità è che ci sono molte false partenze. Eccone alcune. Quando lavoravo al Mare Nascosto ancora non sapevo che formato avrebbe avuto. Avrei dovuto farlo nel formato standard o adottare il formato orizzontale che ha attualmente? Così feci qualche pagina, usando una scena nel Mare Nascosto dove Rocketo avrebbe incontrato i fantasmi di tutti quelli che vi si erano addentrati incontrando la loro fine. La scena è stata poi tagliata solo perché volevo che il fumetto andasse in un'altra direzione e avere spettri e scheletri saltar fuori nel Mare Nascosto sarebbe stata una svolta nel sovrannaturale che al momento non volevo. Ma è stato uno spasso fare quelle pagine. Più avanti posterò alcune delle pagine non usate per la storia nel Nuovo Mondo. I dialoghi qui erano solo per scrivere qualcosa che mi facesse da guida successivamente.

2 comments: